Sunday, July 29, 2007

the story of lucy big pants

This is the story of how i got the nickname lucy big pants. Keep in mind most of this originated in the depths of Colonel Saunders' mind... that will help this all make sense. When Ben and I were engaged ( i can't remember exactly when this occurred) Robb decreed that he would call me Lucy henceforth. I never fully understood his reasoning, nor did i (or do i expect to) receive an explanation. This is just the way it is, and will be :) I have even received mail addressed to "Lucy Saunders". Recently my boss left our company and we have not yet filled her position, so until such decision is made i have been filling that role in my office. So, that gives me a lot more responsibility, etc. When we told Ben's parents about this his dad responded that i am now "wearing the big pants". This has become a running joke "Lucy Big Pants". On our recent visit to Mass, Robb presented me with an envelope.. and i opened it i discovered fake business cards which donned the name "Lucy Big Pants", and my position was labeled "art director extraordinaire" We all had a big laugh over this...

No comments: